XFire
  1. XFire
  2. XFIRE-1091

Error with Xfire Client Generation wtith xmlbeans

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Open Open
    • Priority: Critical Critical
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 1.2.6
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: XMLBeans
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Windows XP, Java 1.5
    • Number of attachments :
      0

      Description

      Trying to generate client code using xmlbeans and xfire.

      I tried to follow the instructions provided -
      http://xfire.codehaus.org/Client+and+Server+Stub+Generation+from+WSDL
      http://docs.codehaus.org/display/XFIRE/XMLBeans+Client+Generation

      I'm really not sure if I'm doing this correctly. I construct the request and I'm trying to send it over and invoke the service

      org.codehaus.xfire.XFireRuntimeException: Could not invoke service.. Nested exception is org.codehaus.xfire.fault.XFireFault: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unexpected subelement request.

      Prior to going into the interface.method(response) call

      One thing I noticed is the request is surrounded by
      <xml-fragment xmlns:ws="http://ws.test.com">
      ......
      </xml-fragment>
      instead of the correct method call....

      Also will the binding type have any effect on it soap11 vs Axis2 (soap12)?

      Please help! Am I doing this correctly?

        Activity

        Hide
        Lokajit Tikayatray added a comment -

        I was facing the same issue but in a different environment. To some extent I am able to solve the problem. It happened to me when my final output response object class was present in different package than my service class package. I changed the targetnamespace and related fields of my WSDL to the fully qualified package name of my response object. This fixed my problem.

        But I still get the same error When I have below scenario:
        My reponse object containing objects of other classes which are outside the package in which the output response object was present. Thus, my exposed service class, final response object and the classes that my response object refers are all in different packages. In this scenario I face the same issue again.

        Show
        Lokajit Tikayatray added a comment - I was facing the same issue but in a different environment. To some extent I am able to solve the problem. It happened to me when my final output response object class was present in different package than my service class package. I changed the targetnamespace and related fields of my WSDL to the fully qualified package name of my response object. This fixed my problem. But I still get the same error When I have below scenario: My reponse object containing objects of other classes which are outside the package in which the output response object was present. Thus, my exposed service class, final response object and the classes that my response object refers are all in different packages. In this scenario I face the same issue again.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Dan Diephouse
            Reporter:
            James Dinh
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            3 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated: