1. Connect to a WMS and add some or all of the layers.
2. Add some new layers to the WMS server
3. Delete all layers in uDig, but not remove from Catalog
4. Connect to the same WMS and add the new layer
5. The new layer is not properly added. Its name is not the correct one, only "newLayer" and the layer does not show up in the view. Error message in bottom of uDig window is "Coordinate Reference System of data is unknown"
If the entry in the Catalog is removed in point 3, then everything works as expected.