The setEditFeatureCommand is doing something a bit crazy... as used by the Apply button in the "countries" editor in tutorials
- it takes the provided Feature
- it makes a fid filter
- it does a query against all the layers to see if any have a count() == 1
- it manages to get false positives
- shapefile "hasNext()" is based on their being more data; not based on the Feature passing the filter?
- I don't see the filter check being applied or wrapped around raw shapefile reader
- There is a crazy check in shapefile datastore code that checks if the filter is an "Id" and if a "fixURL" is non null (no idea what fixURL is for), and if so it changes the Filter to INCLUDES.
- we can do the adaptable thing; check if the feature is Adatable and ask it about its layer (this seems to be accepted practice these days)
- not sure about the shapefile QA issues with FID filters