Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:All, but particularly Windows
Number of attachments :
As of maven-dist-plugin1.3 (maven-1.0-rc1), the plugin creates an excessively long intermediate path when assembling the files prior to creating the archives.
This has been causing problems for some of our builds because we have fairly long artifactIds and deep package structures. This causes bad behavior under windows when the absolute path is deeper than 255 characters.
I would propose the following:
- set the default plugin.properties as follows:
- Remove the following plugin.properties (unused):
- Modify plugin.jelly to
- replace maven.dist.bin.archive.dir with maven.dist.bin.assembly.dir
- replace maven.dist.src.archive.dir with maven.dist.src.assembly.dir
- Use the 'prefix' directive on <ant:zipfileset> and <ant:tarfileset> when creating archives
- delete the assembly directories after building the archives
- delete distributions.tar.gz after deploy