Maven
  1. Maven
  2. MNG-1908

snapshots not deployed using m2, or deployed with uniqueVersion = false are not updated if present locally

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Blocker Blocker
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.0.1
    • Fix Version/s: 2.0.5
    • Labels:
      None
    • Complexity:
      Intermediate
    • Number of attachments :
      0

      Description

      It seems from the log info that m2 is trying to locate the artifact metadata on the repository.
      SInce this artifact has been generated from m1, there is no metadata.
      So whatever repository settings are configured, m2 will never update snapsots.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Jay Kirby added a comment -

          This is still an issue in 2.0.5. I can never get an artifact with a non-unique version number containing SNAPSHOT to update in the local repository. I get a message like:

          [DEBUG] repository metadata for: 'snapshot mygroup:myartifact:main-SNAPSHOT' could not be found on repository: devst

          even though it appears as though the correct metadata is present on the remote server. A new maven-metadata-devst.xml is created in the local repository, but none of the artifacts are pulled.

          How do I reopen this?

          Show
          Jay Kirby added a comment - This is still an issue in 2.0.5. I can never get an artifact with a non-unique version number containing SNAPSHOT to update in the local repository. I get a message like: [DEBUG] repository metadata for: 'snapshot mygroup:myartifact:main-SNAPSHOT' could not be found on repository: devst even though it appears as though the correct metadata is present on the remote server. A new maven-metadata-devst.xml is created in the local repository, but none of the artifacts are pulled. How do I reopen this?
          Hide
          Jay Kirby added a comment -

          Finally got this to work by packaging and deploying using m2 after the m1 build completed. It only seems to work if the artifacts in the remote repository have unique names (i.e. with the timestamp in it). You then end up with two copies of the artifact in the local repo, one with the unique name (i.e. myartifactid-1.0-20070222.002933-1.jar) and one with the abbreviated artifactid-versionid name (i.e. myartifact-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar). Kind of a waste of space, but at least it works...

          Show
          Jay Kirby added a comment - Finally got this to work by packaging and deploying using m2 after the m1 build completed. It only seems to work if the artifacts in the remote repository have unique names (i.e. with the timestamp in it). You then end up with two copies of the artifact in the local repo, one with the unique name (i.e. myartifactid-1.0-20070222.002933-1.jar) and one with the abbreviated artifactid-versionid name (i.e. myartifact-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar). Kind of a waste of space, but at least it works...
          Hide
          Jason van Zyl added a comment -

          This does not appear to be fixed and is related to MNG-2289.

          Show
          Jason van Zyl added a comment - This does not appear to be fixed and is related to MNG-2289 .
          Hide
          Brett Porter added a comment -

          Jason, I have test cases in the integration tests showing this works, and they run in every environment I have ever run them in.

          Do you have:

          • an additional test case that shows it doesn't work, or
          • an environment where the test cases fail?

          If not, I'd prefer to leave this closed for 2.0.5 and open new issues for any new issues found with the functionality.

          Show
          Brett Porter added a comment - Jason, I have test cases in the integration tests showing this works, and they run in every environment I have ever run them in. Do you have: an additional test case that shows it doesn't work, or an environment where the test cases fail? If not, I'd prefer to leave this closed for 2.0.5 and open new issues for any new issues found with the functionality.
          Hide
          Brett Porter added a comment -

          this was fixed in several scenarios in 2.0.5. Any related problems are being filed as new issues.

          Show
          Brett Porter added a comment - this was fixed in several scenarios in 2.0.5. Any related problems are being filed as new issues.

            People

            • Assignee:
              Brett Porter
              Reporter:
              Guillaume Nodet
            • Votes:
              36 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              29 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved:

                Time Tracking

                Estimated:
                Original Estimate - 30 minutes Original Estimate - 30 minutes
                30m
                Remaining:
                Remaining Estimate - 0 minutes
                0m
                Logged:
                Time Spent - 2 hours, 30 minutes
                2h 30m