Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Number of attachments :
It happens that we need to change the set of output artifacts. When this happens, the install mojo does not bother to remove older artifacts that are no longer produced by this module.
The bad effect is, that other modules depending on the obsolete artifacts can still use it. Much better behavior in this situation would be, to remove the obsolete files from the local repository's directory dedicated for given module.
- download the sample pom to an empty directory
- execute mvn clean install -Dc=obsolete-demo - this represents the "older version" of a module
- execute mvn clean install - this represents the "newer version" of a module, after changing the classifier
- now, look in the local repo using ls -1 $HOME/.m2/repository/demo/sample-zip-module/1-SNAPSHOT - you will see this:
I see two approaches
- drop the installdir first - straightforward
- list installdir, install, drop leftovers - slightly more complicated but maximizes the time of installed module existence