See http://sites.google.com/site/smooksdev/release-instructions (need google access).
Creating the distro:
- Update the main POM version number (remove SNAPSHOT suffix).
- Need to do a global search and replace on this. There's a "special" token in the POM to help make this a bit easier. Their are additional places where the version needs to be changed that are not picked up by this special token. Search all pom.xml files for <!-- ## Smooks Version ## -->.
- Delete everything in $USER_HOME/.m2/repository/org/milyn before building. Do this so you can check versions in the local repo before deploying to the central mave repo ("mvn clean deploy -P noexamples"). If the pom versoins have all been updated properly, you should only see binaries for the version of Smooks you are building. You should not see other versions. If you do see other versions, that means not all the poms have been updated properly, so you need to search a bit. This is very important because we only have one shot at uploading to the release repo (non-SNAPSHOT repo)!!!
- Update the version number in assembly.xml
- Update the User Guide URL in assembly.xml
- Update the distro README.html.
- For patches, make sure to add a link to the JIRA Fixversion for the patch. See other releases for examples.
- Do a dry run of the build ("mvn clean install").
- Check the versions in the local maven repo. See #1 above.
- Repeat until versions are all OK in the local repo i.e. you only have binaries for the version of Smooks being released.
- Do a release build and deploy of the Smooks binaries ("mvn clean deploy -P noexamples").
- Run the distro build ("mvn clean package" in smooks-cartridges/smooks-distro).
Uploads (see release instructions):
- Smooks config XSDs
- EDI Parser XSDs
- Distro and examples to sf.net
- javadocs to sf.net
- Tag the release
- Finalise the release for that version.
- '''Template:CurrentSmooksVersion''' with release version
- '''Template:VX.X_release_tag''' with release tag SVN address
- Search and replace "vX.X-SNAPSHOT" in user guide
- Downloads page.