Maven Eclipse Plugin
  1. Maven Eclipse Plugin
  2. MECLIPSE-211

Module of a POM are not included in Classpath

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Open Open
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: 2.2
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: WTP support
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      WinXP SP1 / Eclipse 3.2.1
    • Number of attachments :
      0

      Description

      Hi,

      I am currently refactoring a set of project for JIRA Plugin and I encounter the following problem.

      I have :

      • a first Project jira-plugin-A-project-parent :
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <project>
        	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
        	<groupId>com.mypropject</groupId>
        	<artifactId>jira-plugin-A-project-parent</artifactId>
        	<packaging>pom</packaging>
        	<name>jira-plugin-A-project-parent</name>
        	<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        
        	<modules>
        		<module>jira-plugin-A-module-1</module>
        		<module>jira-plugin-A-module-2</module>
        		<module>jira-plugin-A-module-3</module>
        		<module>jira-plugin-A-module-4</module>
        	</modules>
        
        	<dependencies>
        		<dependency>
        			<groupId>com.atlassian</groupId>
        			<artifactId>atlassian-jira-parent</artifactId>
        			<version>3.6.5</version>
        		</dependency>
        		<dependency>
        			...
        		</dependency>
        	</dependencies>
        
        </project>

        Note that all module may not have Java Nature.

      • a second Project jira-plugin-B-project-parent :
        <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
        <project>
        	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
        	<groupId>com.mypropject</groupId>
        	<artifactId>jira-plugin-B-project-parent</artifactId>
        	<packaging>pom</packaging>
        	<name>jira-plugin-B-project-parent</name>
        	<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        
        	<modules>
        		<module>jira-plugin-B-module-1</module>
        		<module>jira-plugin-B-module-2</module>
        	</modules>
        
        	<dependencies>
        		<dependency>
        			<groupId>com.mypropject</groupId>
        			<artifactId>atlassian-jira-parent</artifactId>
        			<version>3.6.5</version>
        		</dependency>
        		<dependency>
        			...
        		</dependency>
        	</dependencies>
        
        </project>

      Each module inherits parent dependencies plus others specific dependencies.
      Among these dependencies, we may have a module i.e. jira-plugin-B-module-1 which have in dependency, the module of jira-plugin-A-project-parent .

      To do that, I create POM for jira-plugin-B-module-1 as follow :

      <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
      <project>
      	<modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
      	<parent>
      		<groupId>com.mypropject</groupId>
      		<artifactId>jira-plugin-B-project-parent</artifactId>
      		<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      	</parent>
      
      	<groupId>com.mypropject</groupId>
      	<artifactId>jira-plugin-B-module-1</artifactId>
      	<name>jira-plugin-B-module-1</name>
      	<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      
      	<dependencies>
      		<dependency>
      			<groupId>com.mypropject</groupId>
      			<artifactId>jira-plugin-A-project-parent</artifactId>
      			<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
      			<type>pom</type>
      		</dependency>
      	</dependencies>
      
      </project>

      For the goal mvn compile, it seems to be to assumed correctly.
      But the goal mvn eclipse:eclipse -Dwtpversion=1.0 -Dnocompile=true, the .classpath is generates with modules of jira-plugin-A-project-parent .

      Cheers
      Vincent

        Activity

        Hide
        Vincent Thoulé added a comment -

        Hi,
        No news about this issue ?

        Rgds
        Vincent

        Show
        Vincent Thoulé added a comment - Hi, No news about this issue ? Rgds Vincent
        Hide
        Vincent Thoulé added a comment -

        Hi,

        When I write

        For the goal mvn compile, it seems to be to assumed correctly.

        , it appears that I have made an error (My refatorisation was not ended).
        It is sade, it would be usefull !

        It means that goal eclispe:eclispe is in concordance with Maven.

        Sorry

        Show
        Vincent Thoulé added a comment - Hi, When I write For the goal mvn compile, it seems to be to assumed correctly. , it appears that I have made an error (My refatorisation was not ended). It is sade, it would be usefull ! It means that goal eclispe:eclispe is in concordance with Maven. Sorry

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Vincent Thoulé
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated: