Details

    • Type: New Feature New Feature
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 2.1, 2.3
    • Fix Version/s: 2.4
    • Component/s: changes.xml
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Win XP, JDK 1.6.0_18, Maven 2.2.1
    • Number of attachments :
      3

      Description

      Add an additional parameter to define the output encoding like in site-plugin.
      <outputEncoding></outputEncoding>

      If I generate the changes-report by changes:changes-report, I get this in the html output:

       
      <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
        <head>
          <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
      ...
      

      If I generate the same changes-report by site:site, I get this:

      <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
        <head>
          <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" />
      

      Whereas, here I've defined
      <outputEncoding>ISO-8859-1</outputEncoding>
      and as default in the parent pom
      <project.reporting.outputEncoding>ISO-8859-1</project.reporting.outputEncoding>

        Activity

        Hide
        Dennis Lundberg added a comment -

        Encoding during site generation is tricky, as there are many parameters to take into account.

        When you run "changes:changes-report" the plugin will use a default skin, whereas when you run "site:site" it will use the skin specified in the site.xml.

        The charset that is specified in the html output comes from the skin. The encoding of the pages generated by the Site Plugin is configurable by the parameters that you are already using.

        Why do you need an outputEncoding parameter for the Changes Plugin?

        Show
        Dennis Lundberg added a comment - Encoding during site generation is tricky, as there are many parameters to take into account. When you run "changes:changes-report" the plugin will use a default skin, whereas when you run "site:site" it will use the skin specified in the site.xml. The charset that is specified in the html output comes from the skin. The encoding of the pages generated by the Site Plugin is configurable by the parameters that you are already using. Why do you need an outputEncoding parameter for the Changes Plugin?
        Hide
        Bruno Marti added a comment -

        It's for german language.
        The report generated from site:site does show the characters "", but with changes:changes-report not. Here there are some undefined characters.

        Or do I misunderstand the encoding and charset attributes?

        Show
        Bruno Marti added a comment - It's for german language. The report generated from site:site does show the characters "", but with changes:changes-report not. Here there are some undefined characters. Or do I misunderstand the encoding and charset attributes?
        Hide
        Dennis Lundberg added a comment -

        Can you put together a little test project that can be used to highlight the problems you are having?

        Show
        Dennis Lundberg added a comment - Can you put together a little test project that can be used to highlight the problems you are having?
        Hide
        Bruno Marti added a comment -

        a little demo project.
        Usage:

        • mvn clean site
          -> changes-report is correct, especially german characters or the publishing date
        • mvn clean changes:changes-report
          -> publishing date an special characters aren't rendered
        Show
        Bruno Marti added a comment - a little demo project. Usage: mvn clean site -> changes-report is correct, especially german characters or the publishing date mvn clean changes:changes-report -> publishing date an special characters aren't rendered
        Hide
        Bruno Marti added a comment -

        correct characters

        Show
        Bruno Marti added a comment - correct characters
        Hide
        Bruno Marti added a comment -

        incorrect

        Show
        Bruno Marti added a comment - incorrect
        Hide
        Dennis Lundberg added a comment -

        Fixed in r1062482.
        New 2.4-SNAPSHOT deployed. Please test.

        The new parameter is called "outputEncoding". It will default to $

        {project.reporting.outputEncoding}

        as per https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVENOLD/Reporting+Encoding+Configuration

        Show
        Dennis Lundberg added a comment - Fixed in r1062482 . New 2.4-SNAPSHOT deployed. Please test. The new parameter is called "outputEncoding". It will default to $ {project.reporting.outputEncoding} as per https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVENOLD/Reporting+Encoding+Configuration
        Hide
        Bruno Marti added a comment -

        I've tested. Fix works fine.
        Thanks
        Looking forward to next release.

        Show
        Bruno Marti added a comment - I've tested. Fix works fine. Thanks Looking forward to next release.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Dennis Lundberg
            Reporter:
            Bruno Marti
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: