JRuby (please use github issues at http://bugs.jruby.org)
  1. JRuby (please use github issues at http://bugs.jruby.org)
  2. JRUBY-3502

JRuby 1.2 and Rails 2.3.2 fails to db:create with ActiveRecord 0.9

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: JRuby 1.2
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: None
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      All
    • Number of attachments :
      0

      Description

      I created a template app using the following combinations:

      1). JRuby 1.2.0 and Rails 2.2.2
      2). JRuby 1.2.0 and Rails 2.3.2
      3). JRuby 1.1.6 and Rails 2.2.2
      4). JRuby 1.1.6 and Rails 2.3.2

      For this template app, db:create creates the database for 1), 3), and 4) and not for 2). ActiveRecord-JDBCMySQL Adapter 0.9 is used.

        Activity

        Hide
        Charles Oliver Nutter added a comment -

        Maybe if we got this moved over to the kenai.com AR-JDBC project it would be more likely to get attention?

        http://kenai.com/projects/activerecord-jdbc

        Show
        Charles Oliver Nutter added a comment - Maybe if we got this moved over to the kenai.com AR-JDBC project it would be more likely to get attention? http://kenai.com/projects/activerecord-jdbc
        Hide
        Gytis Gurklys added a comment -

        Simple workaround for creating development db. I just copied existing env to a new environment called archive and now create:db:all creates dev env as well. Skips archive, of course .

        Show
        Gytis Gurklys added a comment - Simple workaround for creating development db. I just copied existing env to a new environment called archive and now create:db:all creates dev env as well. Skips archive, of course .
        Hide
        maarten bos added a comment -

        I got the same issue . it seems it is caused by the rails rake task

        {rails_gem}

        /lib/tasks/database.rake
        there is some adapter specific code in there. around line 56 there is the code: when 'mysql' . Changing it to a regular expression (like is allready done with sqlite) to 'when /mysql/' seems to have solved the problem for me.

        Show
        maarten bos added a comment - I got the same issue . it seems it is caused by the rails rake task {rails_gem} /lib/tasks/database.rake there is some adapter specific code in there. around line 56 there is the code: when 'mysql' . Changing it to a regular expression (like is allready done with sqlite) to 'when /mysql/' seems to have solved the problem for me.
        Hide
        Nick Sieger added a comment -

        In 676f700.

        Show
        Nick Sieger added a comment - In 676f700.
        Hide
        yo added a comment -

        Issue in rails 2.3.4 and jruby 1.4.0RC2 with db:test:prepare. Work around with /mysql/ worked.

        Show
        yo added a comment - Issue in rails 2.3.4 and jruby 1.4.0RC2 with db:test:prepare. Work around with /mysql/ worked.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Nick Sieger
            Reporter:
            Arun Gupta
          • Votes:
            3 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            5 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: