Affects Version/s: JRuby 1.1.3, JRuby 1.4
Fix Version/s: None
Number of attachments :
So it turns out that the test_local_jump_error test has been running, but not actually running. I discovered it when I made various fixes and improvements to non-local flow control that appear to have made it a hard failure:
So it wasn't working before either. I'm going to disable the test, and I'm filing this bug.
The only way I can see to make this and other LJE cases work right would be to inspect the frame stack and see if the target frame/jumpTarget is still there, but since we preallocate frames and jump targets it would end up being wrong. Also look at this return case:
So the return is rescuable only in the case where it has escaped from its original containing method. Damned frustrating.