JiBX
  1. JiBX
  2. JIBX-431

multi-module builds - jibx maven plugin breaks between version 1.2.2 and 1.2.3

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: JiBX 1.2.3
    • Fix Version/s: JiBX 1.2.3
    • Component/s: maven plugin
    • Labels:
      None
    • Number of attachments :
      0

      Description

      Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 17:13:15 -0700
      From: Frank Mena <jibxusers@gmail.com>
      Subject: [jibx-users] jibx maven plugin breaks between version 1.2.2
      and 1.2.3
      To: jibx-users@lists.sourceforge.net
      Message-ID:
      <AANLkTimqdDQYvp3v1bXvqJMGeTxD5kACt7Bwfgz9L5CP@mail.gmail.com>
      Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

      Hi Dennis, long time no speak. I was the original author of the plugin
      collaborating with Andreas back in 2005.

      Here is my setup:

      project common: some bindings
      project dbmodel: some bindings
      project service: some bindings
      project web: no bindings, jibx plugin

      Here is the plugin in the web pom:

      <plugin>

      <groupId>org.jibx</groupId>

      <artifactId>maven-jibx-plugin</artifactId>

      <version>$

      {jibx.version}

      </version>

      <executions>

      <execution>

      <phase>process-classes</phase>

      <goals>

      <goal>bind</goal>

      </goals>

      </execution>

      </executions>

      <configuration>

      <multimodule>true</multimodule>

      <directory>src/main/config</directory>

      <includes>

      <include>*.jibx.xml</include>

      </includes>

      </configuration>

      </plugin>

      This works perfectly with version 1.2.2, but version 1.2.3 says:

      Not running JiBX binding compiler (multi-module mode) - no binding files

      I have tried every combination of changing to restricted mode:

      <bindingModules>

      <classPath>com.noledgy.appryse:common</classPath>

      <classPath>com.noledgy.appryse:dbmodel</classPath>

      <classPath>com.noledgy.appryse:service</classPath>

      </bindingModules>

      and the new syntax:

      <modules>
      <module>com.example:example1</module>
      <module>com.example:example2</module>
      </modules>

      but nothing works. What's wrong?

      Frank Mena

        Activity

        Hide
        Don Corley added a comment -

        Yep, I broke it.
        I changed the file scanner from apache oro to plexus, since oro was retired by Apache. In the process I broke multi-module mode.
        I should be able to fix this.
        Note: I did add a new multi-module capability in 1.2.3 that does not require a build to be run on the shared parent.

        Show
        Don Corley added a comment - Yep, I broke it. I changed the file scanner from apache oro to plexus, since oro was retired by Apache. In the process I broke multi-module mode. I should be able to fix this. Note: I did add a new multi-module capability in 1.2.3 that does not require a build to be run on the shared parent.
        Hide
        Don Corley added a comment -

        Frank,
        Fixed legacy multi-module build.
        git commit: 0ef1fd9ab4429815ecfd0bdb02518d434c531239
        Close this bug if this works now.
        Thanks,
        Don

        Show
        Don Corley added a comment - Frank, Fixed legacy multi-module build. git commit: 0ef1fd9ab4429815ecfd0bdb02518d434c531239 Close this bug if this works now. Thanks, Don
        Hide
        Don Corley added a comment -

        Fixed.

        Show
        Don Corley added a comment - Fixed.
        Don Corley made changes -
        Field Original Value New Value
        Status Open [ 1 ] Closed [ 6 ]
        Fix Version/s JiBX 1.2.3 [ 16349 ]
        Resolution Fixed [ 1 ]

          People

          • Assignee:
            Don Corley
            Reporter:
            Don Corley
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: