In 4.3.5, the default directory displayed in TargetPanel may be configured in a text file named:
- TargetPanel.dir.<os name>
In the <os name> form, the os name is one of:
- System.getProperty("os.name").replace(' ', '_')
IZPACK-798 changed the above to use variables instead of text files, following the same naming convention.
For 5.0 a better approach would be to use Platform to determine the appropriate variable.
The variable could be derived from:
- Platform.getSymbolicName(), if the current platform has one, E.g. TargetPanel.dir.windows_7
- Platform.getName() E.g., TargetPanel.dir.windows
- The parent platform, if there is no directory specified for getSymbolicName() or getName(). E.g. if current platform is FEDORA_LINUX and there is no TargetPanel.dir.fedora_linux, fall back to TargetPanel.dir.linux. Failing that, fall back to TargetPanel.dir.unix
If no variable is specified for the current platform, it would use TargetPanel.dir