JSR-241 contains three key deliverables:
- RI: the Reference Implementation
- GLS: the Groovy Language Specificatcion
- TCK: the Test Compatibility Kit
The GLS consists of:
- the grammar and its diagrams (generated by Antlr from our Antlr grammar)
- the specification explaining how the language works
With an appropriate tree structure and with the aggregation of some html files, we could generate the specification out of the tests and those html files.
The folder structure would create the outline of the whole document.
It is a nice way of simplifying, automatically testing and automating the process of writing the Groovy Language Specification.
This work can be hooked in the futher build process used to build distributions.