GRECLIPSE
  1. GRECLIPSE
  2. GRECLIPSE-882

GPars project causes GrEclipse to Miscount Tests

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Open Open
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: Compiler Integration
    • Labels:
    • Environment:
      Ubuntu Maverick, Eclipse 3.6 Helios installed separately (not Maverick package), GrEclipse snapshot 2010-11-08T20:10+00:00
    • Number of attachments :
      0

      Description

      After closing and opening/cleaning/building the GPars project all 840+ tests are found. If the tests are run again only 24 are found. In order to get all 840+ tests found a close of the project is required.

        Activity

        Hide
        Andy Clement added a comment -

        I grabbed the project this morning to fix the generics issue. Now trying to recreate this issue. But I'm having trouble:

        Project clean
        Right Click project - RunAsJunit - 818tests found and run
        Seems to hang at 390/818 on SendAndWaitTest.testFailedMessages, killed it.
        Clicked 'Rerun' on the JUnit panel - 818tests
        Killed it again
        Right Click project - runasjunit - 818tests

        So how are you launching them differently to me? Also, what percentage of them are spock tests - a lot of them?

        Show
        Andy Clement added a comment - I grabbed the project this morning to fix the generics issue. Now trying to recreate this issue. But I'm having trouble: Project clean Right Click project - RunAsJunit - 818tests found and run Seems to hang at 390/818 on SendAndWaitTest.testFailedMessages, killed it. Clicked 'Rerun' on the JUnit panel - 818tests Killed it again Right Click project - runasjunit - 818tests So how are you launching them differently to me? Also, what percentage of them are spock tests - a lot of them?
        Hide
        Russel Winder added a comment -

        Andy,

        Hummm... I guess in a sense I am glad it is working for you, as this implies that the problem is a configuration one rather than a GrEclipse bug. On the other hand it worryies me that the problem is reproducible for me but not for you.

        On first open/clean/build/test I get 818 test and test 390 hangs – this consistency is good!. The I press the red square to stop the test run and then the "rerun tests" button and I get 24 tests all of which pass. If I select the same run configuration that I started with and gave me 818 tests it now only sees 24 tests. If I right click the tests package item in the package explorer and run as junit test still only 24. Closing and reopening is the only way of getting 818.

        The hanging tests is what I wnat to investigate, but the problems I am having with my Eclipse installation is a bit of a blocker – not technical, there is clearly a workable workflow, but in terms of my patience, enthusiasm, and energy.

        I guess my biggest problem is I am not sure how to get useful data that might give a clue as to what is happening, let alone what is wrong. If you were able to give me a recipe for investigation and data collection, I would be happy to follow it.

        Show
        Russel Winder added a comment - Andy, Hummm... I guess in a sense I am glad it is working for you, as this implies that the problem is a configuration one rather than a GrEclipse bug. On the other hand it worryies me that the problem is reproducible for me but not for you. On first open/clean/build/test I get 818 test and test 390 hangs – this consistency is good!. The I press the red square to stop the test run and then the "rerun tests" button and I get 24 tests all of which pass. If I select the same run configuration that I started with and gave me 818 tests it now only sees 24 tests. If I right click the tests package item in the package explorer and run as junit test still only 24. Closing and reopening is the only way of getting 818. The hanging tests is what I wnat to investigate, but the problems I am having with my Eclipse installation is a bit of a blocker – not technical, there is clearly a workable workflow, but in terms of my patience, enthusiasm, and energy. I guess my biggest problem is I am not sure how to get useful data that might give a clue as to what is happening, let alone what is wrong. If you were able to give me a recipe for investigation and data collection, I would be happy to follow it.
        Hide
        Andrew Eisenberg added a comment -

        Decreasing priority since there are other problems with building gpars in Eclipse that need to be addressed before we can fix this one.

        Show
        Andrew Eisenberg added a comment - Decreasing priority since there are other problems with building gpars in Eclipse that need to be addressed before we can fix this one.

          People

          • Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            Russel Winder
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            1 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated: