Several interesting suggestions from the mailing list:
- WISH: selecting one word in the java editor marks all occurrence of this word with a highlight color. Would be nice to have this also in the groovy editor
- WISH: static attribute definitions are shown in the java content assistance at the top of the content assistance list in the groovy content assistance list not.
- A lot of trouble with the content assistance. I tried to reproduce them in isolated tests, but there it functions like advertised. It seems it depends on the project, so there must be problems with big projects (thousands of classes, like ours). Here the problem areas:
- Is an attribute "ex" of type class "Example" in a base class declared, so the attribute "ex" is not proposed in the content assistance of the derived class and all the methods from the class ex are underlined as unknown.
- static attribute declarations in base classes are often missing in the content assistance list.
- a private attribute with public accessors methods: Only the accessors methods are shown in the list, the private attribute is often missing, sometimes it is showing
- We have a lot ' Problems During Content Assist' messages also when no content assistance is requested
- A class as a method parameter: In the method, accessing attributes in the parameter class, the parameters aren't showing up in the list
- Organize imports, if functioning, it added the imports before the package declaration
Hope you can improve the content assistance, especially for large projects.
These should be separated into multiple bugs. But, I just wanted to put this on the issue tracker.