Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Component/s: imagemosaic-jdbc plugin
Right now, in order to config an imageMosaic JDBC against PGRaster DB there are several steps to be performed:
1) use gdal_retile to create tiles for images
2) insert tiled data as new table (one for level) into PGRaster using raster2pgsql scripts invokation
3) create a table containing level information (reference table, envelope, resolutions)
4) insert table names into the newly created table
5) create 3 XML config files with JDBC mapping, coverage properties, table mapping
6) configure the mosaic.
It would be good to have some automagic way to do steps 2 through 6 with minimal user intervention.
As an instance, it would be great if we could just provide the location of the folder containing tiled images (levels), as well as a set of some additional parameters (table name prefix, mosaic name, coverage name, DB credentials) and let the imageMosaicJDBC do all these steps automatically.