Affects Version/s: 8.0-M0
Fix Version/s: None
The EFeature module classpath is now managed by Maven2 only (see my last post on this topic).
The move from PDE to Maven2 did put up some struggles (of course). The end result is that I now propose to add six new artifacts must be added to GeoTools repos. I have imported these dependencies into my local repository, but the effort required to do so each time the unsupported EFeature module is checked out from scratch, argues for an addition to the GeoTools. I'v written up the procedure I've used on this RnD page, but my hope is a +1 adding the following dependencies to the GeoTools repos:
(redefined from 1.2.100.v200903190031, dependency com.ibm.icu does not exist in standard repos)
(redefined from 1.1.0-v200706071520, dependency com.ibm.icu does not exist in standard repos)
In addition, the following dependencies
should be added to the <dependencyManagement> element in the global POM file at ../trunk/pom.xml to ensure that these versions are favored when resolving dependencies (this solves a few missing dependency problems resulting from version range mismatches resulting from qualifier versions not included).
The arguments for redefining these dependencies and adding them to GeoTools repos are:
- original definitions in standard repos are broken and alternatives are not available
- some jars does not download automatically (they exist in repos, but 'mvn install' does not download them)
- some artifacts have version ranges which does not include qualifier versions
(deploying qualifier versions seems to be the standard when it comes to Eclipse artifacts)
- EMF artifacts deployed to central repo seems to be broken in general.
(I believe that the) EFeature module can not be added to the GeoTools build before these modules are added.
In addition, I expect that any code reviewers would also find it demotivating to start out with a lot manual maven work before EFeature can be built locally.
I have attached the jars and the companion POM-files to this issue. According to the developer guide, these are the steps required to add the each artifact.
- Extract one of the attached zip files
- > mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=your-artifact-1.0.jar -DpomFile=your-pom.xml