Affects Version/s: 2.3-M1
Fix Version/s: 2.3-M5
Number of attachments :
This task has 2 goals:
- Remove completly the geoapi-dummy-pending module
- Make geoapi-pending.jar a standalone JAR file, which doesn't need a separated download for geoapi.jar.
The current build process (before this task) generates three files:
- geoapi.jar, which is the target of the specification effort.
- geoapi-pending.jar, which contains everything left out of geoapi.jar for the initial effort.
- geoapi-dummy-pending.jar which contains the few piece of geoapi-pending.jar needed for compiling geoapi.jar.
This is convolved, make geoapi.jar likely to cause NoClassDefFoundError if used alone, and force users of geoapi-pending.jar to depend on two JAR files. At the time this structure has been setup, I was unable to figure out a better way. Since that time, it came to our mind that we could use the svn:externals property in order to "inject" selected parts of the geoapi directory into the geoapi-pending directory. This proposal is about:
- Move the content of geoapi-dummy-pending into geoapi with a clear javadoc saying that this is a placeholder for future interface, then delete the geoapi-dummy-pending module.
- Create a svn:externals property in geoapi-pending for all geoapi package except the one containing the geoapi-dummy-pending interfaces, then remove the geoapi dependency.
This way, the geoapi.jar file will contain the Geometry interface placeholder (for example) while geoapi-pending.jar will contain the full pending version. The javadoc of both geoapi and geoapi-pending will clearly document the difference.