DisplayTag
  1. DisplayTag
  2. DISPL-243

Default column sort breaks sorting after a few sorts of the column

    Details

    • Type: Bug Bug
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: 1.1
    • Fix Version/s: 1.1
    • Component/s: Paging/Sorting
    • Labels:
      None
    • Testcase included:
      yes

      Description

      When sorting columns that have been configured with a default sort order, after a few sorts the column stops sorting and remains sorted in the opposite direction configured. So, for example, if the column is configured to first sort descending, after a few sorts it stops sorting and remains sorted in the ascending direction. This bug only occurs with columns that have been configured with a default sort order.

      Attached you'll find a patch that fixes this issue, a couple of line changes in TableTag.java.

      BTW, as I'm sure you know, the current org.displaytag.test.TestAll in cvs fails.
      1. TableTagPatch
        0.9 kB
        Jorge L. Barroso
      2. TEST-org.displaytag.test.TestAll.txt
        0.7 kB
        Jorge L. Barroso
      3. TEST-org.displaytag.test.TestAll.xml
        59 kB
        Jorge L. Barroso

        Activity

        Hide
        fabrizio giustina added a comment -
        Thanks, I added a unit test (yes, the problem can be reproduced, sort is wrong after the 2nd click) and fixed it in HEAD for 1.1.

        Btw, tests in CVS for 1.1 should run without problems since a couple of weeks, see: http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/11/multiproject/displaytag/junit-report.html
        Show
        fabrizio giustina added a comment - Thanks, I added a unit test (yes, the problem can be reproduced, sort is wrong after the 2nd click) and fixed it in HEAD for 1.1. Btw, tests in CVS for 1.1 should run without problems since a couple of weeks, see: http://displaytag.sourceforge.net/11/multiproject/displaytag/junit-report.html
        Hide
        Jorge L. Barroso added a comment -
        Fabrizio,

        You're welcome; glad to help.

        Regarding the unit tests, TestAll fails when running the test goal "fresh out of the box".
        This is what I did to generate the unit test result below.
        1. Download project with maven
        2. run "maven jar" from displaytag dir.
        Looks like something fundamental is missing in my sandbox or procedure, which wouldn't surprise me much
        as I'm new to maven. Having done some research to no avail, I'd really appreciate it if you could shed some light on what's missing as I have some other changes I'd like to submit after running unit tests. The culprit seems to be String[] files in TestAll.findAndStoreTestClasses coming back null.

        Testsuite: org.displaytag.test.TestAll
        Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0 sec

        Null Test: Caused an ERROR
        null
        java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.displaytag.test.ClassFinder.findAndStoreTestClasses(TestAll.java:180)
        at org.displaytag.test.ClassFinder.<init>(TestAll.java:156)
        at org.displaytag.test.TestAll.suite(TestAll.java:104)
        ... 7 more

        Thanks,

        -Jorge
        Show
        Jorge L. Barroso added a comment - Fabrizio, You're welcome; glad to help. Regarding the unit tests, TestAll fails when running the test goal "fresh out of the box". This is what I did to generate the unit test result below. 1. Download project with maven 2. run "maven jar" from displaytag dir. Looks like something fundamental is missing in my sandbox or procedure, which wouldn't surprise me much as I'm new to maven. Having done some research to no avail, I'd really appreciate it if you could shed some light on what's missing as I have some other changes I'd like to submit after running unit tests. The culprit seems to be String[] files in TestAll.findAndStoreTestClasses coming back null. Testsuite: org.displaytag.test.TestAll Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 0 sec Null Test: Caused an ERROR null java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.displaytag.test.ClassFinder.findAndStoreTestClasses(TestAll.java:180) at org.displaytag.test.ClassFinder.<init>(TestAll.java:156) at org.displaytag.test.TestAll.suite(TestAll.java:104) ... 7 more Thanks, -Jorge

          People

          • Reporter:
            Anonymous
          • Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            0 Start watching this issue

            Dates

            • Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: