Affects Version/s: 0.9.5.1
Fix Version/s: None
Environment:Operating System: Windows 2000
Number of attachments :
The following points identify the problem I am having.
1. The element name "Effective_Date" and value exists in the xml file under
a "Group" level and is mapped to a java class using a mapping.xml file.
2. The same element name, "Effective_Date", is added to the same xml file in a
different location "Group_Plan" and is not mapped in the mapping.xml file.
3. The castor.properties file has the following setting:
org.exolab.castor.xml.strictelements=false (If new elements are added and not
mapped, I want to ignore these). I also used "setIgnoreExtraElements(true)"
which does the same thing. I set the latter to false, just to prove that other
elements that were not mapped were being ignored; and they were.
4. If the newly added element name is changed to a unique name, such as
Effective_Date2, it does not cause an error. Again Effective_Date2 is not
5. I am actually using JDK1.4/IBM.
6. The following is the actual error message:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: unable to add 'Effective_Date' to <Group_Plan> due to
the following exception:
>>>--- Begin Exception ---<<<
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Type conversion error: could not set value
of Group_Effective_Date(java.lang.String) with value of type java.lang.String
7. The following is the snippet from the xml file that shows two
elements "Effective_Date" that are defined in different locations. The one in
Group_Plan is not defined in the corresponding java class. I indented this as
well as I could, but the wrap-around makes it harder to see.
<Group_Name>All RRs Medicare Elig in Premier Plan</Group_Name>
8. In the mapping file, I tried adding a location for the Group level
Effective_Date. This did not alter the result. Below is that specific code. I
also tried it without the 'node = "element"' and it did not alter the result.
<field name="Group_Effective_Date" type="string" required="true">
<bind-xml name="Effective_Date" node = "element" location="Customer/Group"/>
9. In the mapping file, I tried the following code, but it also had no effect
on the error.