I have castor XML release 1.0 generating Java 5.0 code. It took me a little over a day to hack the source.
The main things I ran into were the following:
1. Added parameterized collections of course.
2. Added @Override annotations to the generated methods that needed it.
3. Added @SupressWarnings for "unused" method parameters on the generated methods that needed it.
4. Added "enum" to the list of reserved keywords and handling for parameterized collections in the JNaming class.
What I did :
I checked your SVN repo out at 4:00 pm MST(GMT-7) on June 28, 2006 and overlayed my changes from the 1.0 release version files, adjusting for the commits since the 1.0 files were released.
I created a patch file containing all of the changes I made and have attached it to this email
We have to run on Java 5 and have castor XML generating Java 5 code.
I am very interested in helping/following the progress so I can remove my hacks and use your officially deployed code.
I have already had to upgrade from 0.9.X to the 1.0 release which was not fun