Currently, Database.getIdentity() returns null if the object has not been loaded in the same transaction.
Consider the following scenario:
- An object has been loaded from the database in a previous transaction
- The object hs been marshaled to XML and sent to a client app
- the client marks the object for removal and sends it back
- The server unmarshalls the object in a new transaction- this gives a new instance
- since remove() is also restricted to within transactions, i need to reload the original.
- the obvious way to do that is with the newly received object's identity