Cargo
  1. Cargo
  2. CARGO-887

Remove all Maven1 references from the CARGO website

    Details

    • Type: Task Task
    • Status: Closed Closed
    • Priority: Major Major
    • Resolution: Fixed
    • Affects Version/s: None
    • Fix Version/s: 1.1.0
    • Component/s: Documentation
    • Labels:
      None
    • Complexity:
      Intermediate
    • Number of attachments :
      0

      Description

      As per CARGO-793, Maven1 support has been removed from CARGO 1.1.0.

      We need to update the documentation on the CARGO website.

      PS: This task should only be done when version 1.1.0 is approcahing.

        Issue Links

          Activity

          Hide
          Anders Hammar added a comment -

          RIght. Also, instead of typing "Maven 2" we should probably say just "Maven" (this is different from "Maven 1") or "Maven 2/3".
          I'm suggesting "Maven" as that's what's commonly used elsewhere.

          Show
          Anders Hammar added a comment - RIght. Also, instead of typing "Maven 2" we should probably say just "Maven" (this is different from "Maven 1") or "Maven 2/3". I'm suggesting "Maven" as that's what's commonly used elsewhere.
          Hide
          Savas Ali Tokmen added a comment -

          I agree. We should perhaps also rename the component name in the JIRA and somehow mark Maven1 as "does not exist anymore" .. ?

          Show
          Savas Ali Tokmen added a comment - I agree. We should perhaps also rename the component name in the JIRA and somehow mark Maven1 as "does not exist anymore" .. ?
          Hide
          Anders Hammar added a comment -

          I think that we should keep artifactIds (like cargo-maven2-plugin) as this would cause confusion otherwise. Also, the component name in JIRA could stay they same, IMO.

          I suggest that we only change displayed test to "Maven" instead of "Maven2", like on the wiki and some text in the poms (like description).

          Show
          Anders Hammar added a comment - I think that we should keep artifactIds (like cargo-maven2-plugin) as this would cause confusion otherwise. Also, the component name in JIRA could stay they same, IMO. I suggest that we only change displayed test to "Maven" instead of "Maven2", like on the wiki and some text in the poms (like description).
          Hide
          Savas Ali Tokmen added a comment -

          I guess you're right, else people would have to change the name of the plugin in all their pom.xml files when migrating. Can be annoying...

          Show
          Savas Ali Tokmen added a comment - I guess you're right, else people would have to change the name of the plugin in all their pom.xml files when migrating. Can be annoying...
          Hide
          Savas Ali Tokmen added a comment - - edited

          References OK:

          References todo:

          Containers' documentation re-uploaded 01/05/2011; this has updated all features (add new ones and remove Maven1)

          Show
          Savas Ali Tokmen added a comment - - edited References OK: https://docs.codehaus.org/display/CARGO/Architecture https://docs.codehaus.org/display/CARGO/Release+procedure https://docs.codehaus.org/display/CARGO/Installation https://docs.codehaus.org/display/CARGO/Maven1+plugin (which will not be deleted, it will just stay there with many notes at the top) https://docs.codehaus.org/display/CARGO/Containers References todo: https://docs.codehaus.org/display/CARGO/Downloads Containers' documentation re-uploaded 01/05/2011; this has updated all features (add new ones and remove Maven1)
          Hide
          Savas Ali Tokmen added a comment -

          All done

          Show
          Savas Ali Tokmen added a comment - All done

            People

            • Assignee:
              Savas Ali Tokmen
              Reporter:
              Savas Ali Tokmen
            • Votes:
              0 Vote for this issue
              Watchers:
              0 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              • Created:
                Updated:
                Resolved: