Type: New Feature
Resolution: Won't Fix
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Number of attachments :
Currently, bpmn transaction consistency is layered on top of the general activity consistency model (db transactions + optimistic locking + retry).
In addition, bpmn transactions can only be rolled back using the cancel end event.
The bpmn specification requires that there is a "link" between bpmn transactions and the underlying transaction protocol (the bpmn specification has WS-AT./WS-BA./WS-Coord. very much in mind).
Activiti is an embeddable java engine, which means:
- we share transactions with services
- we use java (Jdbc/Jta) transactions as the "underlying transaction protocol"
- when a jdbc/jta transaction "inside" a bpmn transaction is rolled back, the bpmn transaction is cancelled.
- this issues requires some investigation / research
- this issue is more of a "reminder". We might not want to actually do this.